God Where Are You?

I lie here, in a waking dream
Picking up the pieces.
My head aches with a silent scream
The darkness around me teases
Do I have what it takes?
To make, a life.
With this question my being shakes
My soul, in endless strife.
I wonder, through the shadow of thought
What shall, I do?
Where are you god?
God where are you?

Maybe I ask the wrong question
The answer to which I seek.
But whose here to give direction?
Whose here, to hear me speak?
To whom do I really ask?
Cause if you are around
Why do you wear a mask?
Why don’t I hear a sound?
Maybe you are in every spot
Oh! I don’t really have a clue
Where are you god?
God where are you?

My time, lives in the past,
The colors they seem to blur.
I seem as if in a cast,
Nothing in me seems to stir.
And I feel so broken,
Beyond sad.
My insides going molten,
The confusion driving me mad
Why do I still plod?
Looking up, into the blue
Where are you god?
God where are you?

Maybe there is an answer,
Maybe there is none.
I see! You are a prankster,
The question is a pun.
The puzzle, I should have realized,
It only seems fair,
The question was to be surmised,
It seems to miss a “there”.
Your ingenuity I must laud
You had me for a fool, its
Where are you, there’s god
Gods there, where are you?

No comments: